Search a job
Life / Non-life actuary
Reward: 1000 €
Type of contract: Employee
Sector: Accounting, Finance & Audit
Client :Our client is a global leader in helping clients manage risk and uncertainty from the boardroom to the network. We provide a broad array of services that allow our clients around the world to better measure, manage and control risk to enhance the reliability of systems and processes throughout their organization.
Description :Your Responsibilities:
You will be part of a dynamic team that draws together specialist knowledge and Financial Services Industry (banking and insurance) experience. Our professionals are focusing on actuarial & insurance advisory work, financial risk management, regulatory compliance and implementation of new financial sector regulation. This includes topics such as Solvency II, MiFID, UCITS, IFRS and Basel III implementation work, actuarial services, model development and validation, corporate and internal governance, compliance organization and monitoring, optimization of the risk function and internal audit.
Depending on your expertise, you will :
- Contribute to business development in the domain of actuarial and insurance advisory, both nationally and internationally;
- Design, implement, review and audit quantitative models for the calculation of insurance liabilities life and capital requirements;
- Advise on balance sheet management issues, like stochastic reserving, economic capital, ALM, replicating portfolios;
- Contribute to our growing number of assignments in the domain of Solvency II and IFRS;
- Develop models for our internal use, to cross-check and challenge client valuations;
- Actuarial analysis of processes, calculation models, methodologies and assumptions for both Insurance companies and pension funds.
- Participate in the career and performance development of the practice by serving as a career counselor, training consultants and providing timely and specific performance feedback;
- Be trained and coached in order to develop your knowledge and skills, management and business development capabilities.
- You obtained a master degree in actuarial sciences, combined with strongly developed quantitative skills;
- You have at least 4-6 years of Life and/or Non-Life actuarial experience in insurance companies and/or consultancy firms;
- A previous consulting experience in this domain and/or knowledge of Life (Prophet, etc) and/or Non-Life tools (ReMetrica, ERMS, Igloo, etc.) would be an asset;
- You can express yourself fluently in English, Dutch and French;
- Your are open, creative, enthusiastic and your flexible attitude makes you a great team player;
- A good understanding of and a keen interest in the regulatory and accounting context within which insurance companies operate;
- Your approach is client and result oriented and you have excellent social, communication and presentation skills;
- You have good people management and commercial skills
- The occasion to work with a team of other Financial Services Industry consultants (risk measurement experts, risk modelling consultants, actuaries, business process experts, regulatory consultants, ...) on large-scale implementation projects such as Solvency II, IFRS 4 Phase II, embedded value, accounting for insurance liabilities and economic capital;
- A challenging, innovating environment with a good team spirit where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- A people focused culture of continuous learning and coaching;
- An attractive and competitive salary package with fringe benefits;
- Real career opportunities.