Search a job
Social media strategist
Reward: 1000 €
Type of contract: Employee
Sector: Media & Communication
Client :Our client is a leading agency.
Through a strong understanding of social platforms the Social Strategist takes an active role in all aspects of a social project-identifying brand's issues, running competitive benchmark, forming recommendation, building architecture of programs, drafting the budget, defining the drivers of performance and the KPI's framework. Social Strategists are experts in understanding how social platforms can be leveraged either as a broadcast media, either as narrowcast in designing engaging experience through insights, technologies and expertise, with a constant testing/learning approach. They work closely with the client team to continuously improve the thinking, direction of the strategy, and recommended programs and tactics.
His main responsibilities are:
- Social Strategists translate business objectives into social media objectives, enriched by proprietary benchmarks (best content/format, CPM/CTR/CPA in category,...).
- Social Strategists analyze available insights and define overall Strategy in terms of Distribution and Amplification. This may include competitive analysis. They select Platform and define role and objective of each one in the global plan.
- Social Strategists define content amplification principles including segmentation and contextualization approach.
- They map all distribution segments per platform and associate budget needed based on KPI/objectives.
- He recommends the format and placement to be leveraged based on the objectives of the campaign taking into consideration the budget limitation.
- He defines the right advertising pressure to put in place to achieve the goals taking into consideration the budget limitation.
- They define the general tagging strategy, based on client requirements, including conversion tracking, page level conversion rate (funnel conversion), and re-engagement of people that did not convert with specific messages based on their last stage in the conversion funnel,
- They also define the general approach to custom targeting by identifying the data available that can be leveraged to develop unique targeting based on client knowledge/databases.
- As with any other digital acquisition/retention channel, social permits to precisely measure response rates, and easily test which formats, and creative options, drive the best returns. Social Strategists integrate in their strategies A/B testing and messaging matrix based on multiple targeting.
- Social Strategists prepare/present necessary reporting for client/agency senior stakeholder distribution, based on drivers of performance and the KPI's framework designed in its Strategy.
- Social Strategists are responsible of evaluation of execution resources needed and of drafting budget.
- Start to manage and mentor junior staff when appropriate
- Help with new business pitches when needed
- Develop content for client workshops
- Team Worker
- Flexible and able to be integrated in any type of working environment
- Basic accounting skills for client communication
- Leadership mindset
- Business and entrepreneurship mindset
- Out of the box thinking for recommendations production
- Organized and autonomous
- Problem solver
- Hard and fast worker
- Analytic skills
- Eye for innovation
- Social media enthusiast with an established understanding of the wider digital communications landscape
- Left and right brained: demonstrate creativity in data analysis and understanding.
- They like to push the limit and break the silos.
The ideal candidate for Social Strategist would have the following background:
- 2-4 years experience in social campaign management / Previous experience in social oriented agency
- Strategically strong. Understands the client's business and is able to connect business challenges and social strategy/tactics.
- Expert in understanding of social media and established understanding of the wider digital communications landscape
- Passionate about quickly-evolving digital/social media environment with a strong POV to share with clients and colleagues
- Research skills, with the ability to generate data-based insights to weave into the strategy process
- Ability to work effectively, proactively and seamlessly amongst an integrated agency team
- Superior communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Eye for innovation and the next emerging platform or partner to consider as part of a social strategy results
- Candidate must have data analytical skills and spreadsheet capabilities; can build detailed business case/ROI modeling
- Candidate must have experience collaborating closely with key decision influencers
- Very good level of English (fluent is a +)
- Very good knowledge (written and spoken) of the market native language(s)